Better World Books will be seeking “Game Changing” ideas which will help advance a compelling literacy project.
Think Differently. Be Creative. Be a Game Changer.
Thanks to thousands of libraries who participate in the Better World Books Discards and Donations programme, we are able to offer grants for the fourth consecutive year.
The needs and opportunities of the communities that libraries serve vary widely and there are countless worthy projects to support. This grant process is inspired one library’s “Pitch an Idea” programme and is intended to solicit a wide range of applications that reflects this diversity.
Libraries can apply for a grant of up to £1,000. Interested libraries can fill out the online application form. All applications are due by 28 August 2017 at 4pm BST.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
As you develop your Grant application, please keep the following in mind:
- Answer questions fully. Where questions have multiple parts, be sure to address all parts. Omissions make it difficult to evaluate your application.
- Projects should address the literacy needs of under-served populations in their community. Literacy needs are defined by broadly identifying, understanding, interpreting, creating, communicating and computing information to live a more fulfilling and productive life.
- Libraries may pitch only one project each, with a maximum award of £1,000. Please be sure to clearly outline the project elements that require the requested funds.
- Projects that will have a measurable and long term impact on an under-served population and will continue to operate after grant funds have been utilised will be looked upon favourably.
- Better World Books looks forward to reviewing applications that bring a fresh and inspired approach to challenging issues.