Better World Books will be seeking “Game Changing” ideas which will help advance a compelling literacy project.
Think Differently. Be Creative. Be a Game Changer.
Thanks to thousands of libraries who participate in the Better World Books Discards and Donations programme, we are able to offer library grants for the third consecutive year.
The needs and opportunities of the communities that libraries serve vary widely and there are countless worthy projects to support. This grant process is inspired one library’s “Pitch an Idea” programme and is intended to solicit a wide range of applications that reflects this diversity.
For libraries, £5,000 will be available with a maximum grant of £1,000. Interested libraries can fill out the online application form. All applications are due by 29 July 2016 at 5pm BST.
As you develop your Grant application, please keep the following in mind:
- Answer questions fully. Where questions have multiple parts, be sure to address all parts. Omissions make it difficult to evaluate your application.
- Projects should address the literacy needs of under-served populations in their community. Literacy needs are defined by broadly identifying, understanding, interpreting, creating, communicating and computing information to live a more fulfilling and productive life.
- Libraries may pitch only one project each, with a maximum award of £1,000. Please be sure to clearly outline the project elements that require the requested funds.
- Projects that will have a measurable and long term impact on an under-served population and will continue to operate after grant funds have been utilised will be looked upon favourably.
- Better World Books looks forward to reviewing applications that bring a fresh and inspired approach to challenging issues.